Library Week Conducted - VKV Kuporijo
The main activities taken up during the week:
- Daily speech on various topics related to library and reading habits by the students of class IX in the school assembly in the morning.
- Book display for classes III to X.
- Extra reading hours, other than regular library periods, were given to students of classes VI-X.
- Class VII students were taken to the District Library to see how a library works.
- Teachers displayed their personal books so as to inculcate reading habits among students.
- The Concluding program was done on 26.11.2019.
The highlights of the program:
- Arunal Naji (Ex-VKVian) was the Chief Guest of the program
- In his speech he emphasized on the development of reading habits to be inculcated from a young age. He also said that he had shined in his life because he had developed reading habits from a young age. He asked the students to read books other than text books as it increases the vocabulary and use of correct English.
- He also visited the display of books and appreciated the work of the students and teachers.