Universal Brotherhood Day Celebrated - VKV Raga
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Raga celebrated the Universal Brotherhood Day on 11th Sept, 2020 in an informal way this year. Due to the pandemic, we could not keep any formal programme for the public as we did not get permission from the District Administration.
We all Staff, Teaching, Non – Teaching and their family members attended the Online Webinar organised by Vivekananda Kendra Vedic Vision Foundation from 10 am to 11:30 am.
Then we all were graced by the auspicious visit of Mananeeya Rupeshji and Sri Pema Norbu Thongchiji with two of our Alumni. After lunch, we had an interaction and discussion session with Rupeshji and Thongchiji on the Topic, 'Message of Universal Brotherhood as mentioned in the letter by Mananeeya Nivedita Didi.' We all were asked to share at least two points that we found while reading the letter. Some of the points shared by the staff are as follows:
- Our Sanatana approach is Inclusive, while the approach of the Western world is Exclusive.
- We beleived in the universal co – existence of all in the universe but the Christian and the Islamic worlds believed in their exclusive existence only. This has created bloodshed and fight among the humanity.
- Universal Brotherhood does not mean rejection of the others, but we have to shed light on the truth and bring them to the mainstream, 'Assimilation and not rejection' as Swami Vivekananda says.
- The World Parliament of Religions was organised to proclaim the Superiority of Christianity over all other Religions but Swami Vivekananda's message made that effort futile. The world had to accept the Universal Tolerance of the Sanatana Dharma.
- Conversion brings dissentions and not Brotherhood.
- The Vivekananda Rock Memorial at Kanyakumari is a perfect example of Universal Brotherhood as envisaged by Mananeeya Eknathji Ranade.