Sadgamaya Shibir Conducted - VKV Ziro
VKV Ziro observed Sadgamaya Shibir from 15th to 16th of November 2019. A total of 54 students from class VII-IX took part in it from five different schools. Sri Rubu Laliang, Principal, Hill Queen Educational Institutions, Hapoli had graced the occasion as the chief guest. Sri Taba Tatup, Chairman, VKVs Alumni Association attended the inauguration of the camp which is done with the lighting of the lamp. Sri Laxman Kisan Meshram gave the welcome address and felicitated the Guests. The participants were briefed about the purpose and objective of the camp. They were also narrated about the Kendra and its various activities which are being organized on different occasions for the well being of the society and its development through different organs of the Kendra. Sri Rubu Laliang pinpointed four essential characteristics for a good human being:
- be in yourself,
- wearing good attires,
- down to earth approach,
- good listener and many more.
The Programme started with the division of students in groups named as Saraswati, Sharada, Shambhavi and Saravani.
- Shibir Geet (Bharat Pyara Desh hamara……) by Km. Janu Mager, Teacher, VKV, Ziro.
- Life and messages of Swami Vivekananda by Sri V.P Mishra
- How Swamiji met Ramakrishna Paramahansa
- What is the meaning and significance of God?
- Incidents from the life of Swami Vivekananda and Ramakrishna Paramahansa.
- Clarified some queries asked by the students
- Quotation of Swamiji
A compilation of some best known quotations of Swami Vivekananda were distributed to the participants for conducting Quotation writing competition for the final day.
- Craft making: by Smt. Hage Monya and Km. Chuni Khimhun.
- designing flowers
- With the help of jute, fabric and gluegun/fevicol.
- Science in Daily Life:
The session was taken by Sri Ajaya Kr Sitha.
- Magical Cards,
- Thread cutting magic,
- air pressure balloon using Eno,
- straw whistle,
- air pressure shower,
- balloon pasting on wall with rubbing on hair
He finally winded up his session by a lecture on science in daily life. Lastly the first day session winded up with Kendra Prarthana.
Shibir Geet: by Km Janu Mager.
Indian Culture: by Sri Jai Prasad Jaishi
- Culture is connected with every aspect of human life therefore being a largest distinct cultural land in the world ours large number of people with different culture is connected with each other.
- Culture is a strength, hence one’s need to feel proud on his/her cultural identities.
- If cultural values get deteriorated entire human civilization gets misguided.
Mental Mathematics and Exam Approach : by Sri Amarnath Sahani
- How to solve problems in short period of time
- Some revision techniques for smart study.
- How to appear final exam with a smart approach to solve entire question paper within the stipulated period of time.
Craft making: by Smt Hage Monya and Km Chuni Khimhun
- Wall Hangers (Flowers, Sceneries, )
After that a Quotation writing competition was organized. Later on all assembled for valedictory function. Km Dipali Maya Chetri presented the report of the camp. Two students expressed their experience about the camp. Prizes were distributed to the students on the basis of four categories: Shibir Geet Competition, Best participant, Best in quotation writing competition, Best in craft designing. Smt Hage Monya gave the Vote of thanks. Overall, there were 54 participants from 3 different schools. Incidentally, all participants were girls and all from Government schools only. Hence the two day long programme ended successfully with Kendra Prarthana.